These Chocolate Banana Muffins are Gluten Free, Fat Free and Sugar Free. Lightly sweetened with honey and topped with chocolate chips, these muffins can be your breakfast muffins that taste like brownies with such a moist and rich texture.
Who doesn’t love chocolate, right!!! AND If I give you something so chocolatey yet so nutritious, then its like winning a lottery, no? 🙂
I don’t know about kids, but one of mine isn’t a fan of bananas or most fruits and veggies. Like any other moms out there, I always look for ways to incorporate (read: sneak) veggies or fruits into his food. Sometimes I pull it off and sometimes, I fail. And as you all must have known, you cant really shove healthy food down their throats when they are at a certain age. 😦 Ah! I miss those years when he used to be in my lap and I could feed him homemade baby food with a spoon.
Anyways, so there were a couple of bananas rotting on the kitchen counter and since I hate throwing away food, I had to think quick about turning them into something delish. But listen, this time I had resolved to make the chocolate banana muffins extra healthy so that me and my husband can actually enjoy them with our morning coffee. With all that work pressure we really don’t have time to eat proper breakfast. And by healthy I meant, gluten free, ZERO added sugar and of course low fat.
So instead of sugar, I used honey
I totally skipped adding oil or butter
Used almond flour instead of regular flour.
Those are the two alternatives I adopted and boy! I’m so glad that I did. The best part is, my kids LOVED these chocolate banana muffins which are gluten free, fat free and sugar free. Who knew!!
My other guiltfree desserts with bananas you must checkout Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl or Chocolate-Banana Muffins | How to make Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Muffins
Chocolate Banana Muffins (sugar free & gluten free)
These chocolate banana muffins are such a guilt free treat and they taste so good with that morning cup of coffee. The texture is moist and spongy almost like a brownie. Made with almond flour and sweetened with just honey, these breakfast muffins recipe is your go to recipe for a gluten free treat.
- 2 cups/192g almond flour
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener or honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 tbsp flax seeds – optional
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat in 2 room temperature eggs with honey and mashed bananas for 2 minutes
- Add the milk and vanilla essence into the egg mixture and beat for another minute
- Shift in the almond flour, cocoa powder with baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Gently fold in the dry mixture with the wet mixture till it’s incorporated
- Mix in the flax seed
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 30/35 minutes or till when a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee