A light and fluffy Gluten Free almond flour cake bursting with flavors from vanilla. It’s great with or without frosting and takes only one bowl to make the cake.
There is nothing more exciting than having a recipe that require just one bowl, isn’t it? And yes, This one bowl thing is going to be my selling point for this almond flour sponge cake. And oh yes, if its gluten free, its even better, right? And and, if you want this Almond Cake to be sugar free too, then replace regular sugar with monk fruit sweetener or any other natural sweetener of your choice. I haven’t tried baking this almond cake with honey or maple syrup yet so can’t really say how the texture will be if baked with honey instead of sugar.
Easy Almond Sponge Cake (Gluten Free)
A light and fluffy Gluten Free almond flour cake bursting with flavors from vanilla. It's great with or without frosting and takes only one bowl to make the cake.
- 2 cups/192g almond flour
- 1/2 cup/68g any GF flour
- 3/4 cup/150g sugar or monk fruit sweetener or honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup/160ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup/123g Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cashew or any other nuts to sprinkle on top
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and brush with oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat in 2 room temperature eggs with sugar till fluffy
- Add the yogurt and olive oil into the egg mixture and beat for another 2 minutes
- Mix 1 tbsp vanilla essence into the wet mixture
- Shift in the flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Gently fold in the dry mixture with the wet mixture till its incorporated
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 40/45 minutes or till when a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Enjoy with a cup of jasmine tea