This Berry Yogurt Cake (No eggs, No butter), made with olive oil and yogurt, is soft, creamy, and incredibly moist. Lightly flavored from the berries in the yogurt, it’s an incredible light and spongy cake that can be a party favorite. It’s been one of my personal favorite because its so easy to pull together. Dress it up with summer berries or serve with just a dust of sugar.
I baked this eggless berry yogurt cake with gluten free flour and no eggs but wasn’t so impressed with the outcome. May be the Gluten Free flour needs an egg or two to get that spongy texture. Until I perfect the GF Berry Yogurt Cake recipe, you enjoy the recipe with all purpose flour. You will never go wrong with this recipe as this one is baked by me many many times.
For this Eggless Berry Yogurt Cake, I used 1/2 cup store bought berry yogurt (any will work) and 1/2 cup regular Greek yogurt. If you don’t have berry yogurt handy then make your own by mixing 1/4 cup berries with 1/2 cup of yogurt. The crushed berries in the yogurt add an amazing flavor profile to this sponge cake. Just the addition of berry yogurt makes this cake perfect for summer tea parties or even Mother’s Day brunch.
If you are interested in rose water and pistachio cakes try Mini Persian Love Cakes (No-Eggs).., or you are in mood for some chocolate cakes then you must try The BEST Chocolate Cupcakes.. or Cranberry-Olive Oil Cake Now coming back to this Egg free Berry Yogurt Cake, here is the recipe
Berry Yogurt Cake (No eggs, No butter)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (180 grams)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 20 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup any berry flavored yogurt/4 oz/120ml
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt/4 oz/120ml
- 3/4 cup sugar, 150 grams
- 1 cup vegetable oil, 8 oz/240 ml
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or orange extract or rose water
- 3/4 cup dried fruits mixed with 1/2 tablespoons flour or 3/4 cups of Tutti Fruitti (optional)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C degrees
- Lightly butter or spray a baking pan (I used a bundt pan) with nonstick spray and set it aside.
- In a bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl toss 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour with dried fruits and set aside.
- Beat yogurt and sugar until smooth. You can mix with a hand mixer. Add oil, vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Start adding the flour mix in parts, don’t dump the entire thing in one go. Mix until just combined and do not over-mix.
- Fold in the dried fruits.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. sprinkle the milk on top
- Bake at 350 F degrees for around 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let it cool completely before slicing into pieces