These are indeed the Best Chocolate Cupcakes. Very moist, fudgy and full of chocolate flavor! They literally melt in your mouth and is a party favorite. Bake these chocolate cupcakes for Birthday parties, baby showers or any special occasions and see them getting disappeared in a jiffy.
Baked these Chocolate Cupcakes for my son’s 9th birthday party and these were gone within an hour. He had especially requested for chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I didn’t make the chocolate frosting at home. Instead use the store bought one and my friend helped me in piping the frosting. 🙂
Not sure about you all, but I love naked cakes. Even with cupcakes, I like the cake part and almost always let my kids lick off the frosting. 🙂
For the Cupcakes:
- ¼ cup/60g yogurt room temperature
- ½ cup/120ml buttermilk room temperature
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup veggie oil /100mL
- ¼ cup hot coffee /60mL
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour/ 180g
- 1 ⅓ cup granulated sugar /265g
- ¼ cup cocoa powder /20g
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat to 350F. Add papers to a cupcake tin.
- Sift the dry ingredients (including the sugar) into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine.
- Add the yogurt , buttermilk, eggs, and oil into a large bowl and whisk together. Pour the hot coffee in while you whisk and set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Distribute batter evenly into the cupcake papers and bake for about 15 -20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before you frost them.