How much water do you drink everyday? I chug about 3 to 4 liters of water. It keeps my body detoxed and hydrated. A good benchmark is to drink at least half of your weight in ounces per day. I typically start each day with 32 ounce of warm temperature water to get my system moving and then continue drinking throughout the day. And for last couple of weeks I have been drinking this Lemon Turmeric Anti Inflammatory water throughout the day. My friend hand picked these utterly juicy meyer lemons from her yard and packed me some. So I thought of making the best use of them by making this wonderful anti inflammatory water.
If you like Iced Teas, have you tried Mango Ginger Iced Tea
or the Liver Cleansing Beet Ginger Liver Cleanse Juice
Staying hydrated helps us by decreasing fatigue, alleviating aches and pains, increasing energy levels, recognize hunger signals, and relieves constipation.
My lemon turmeric anti-inflammatory water recipe takes water to the next level because it includes several health-promoting ingredients, such as turmeric, ginger, lemon and green tea. Turmeric is known as nature’s ibuprofen. It decreases chronic inflammation in the body. Ginger decreases inflammation and promotes good digestion while diminishing nausea and Lemon adds good flavor to the water while boosting vitamin c levels and improving digestion
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated turmeric or 1 Tea Spoon ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 green teabag optional
- In a saucepan, add turmeric, ginger, lemon juice and filtered water.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil) over medium to medium-high heat (~3 minutes). Then turn off heat.
- Add the green tea bag and let it seep for 4/5 minutes
- Set a small strainer over serving glasses and divide between two mugs.