I’m in love with these airy, moist and incredibly flavorful lemon poppy seed muffins. I’m just wondering, what prevented me from baking these before! These muffins came out so good -filling my kitchen with that wonderful citrusy smell. If you love anything citrus, you get my point.
Moist, delicious, citrusy lemon poppy seed muffins baked without butter and drizzled with the easiest lemon drizzle ever. If you are a lemon lover like me, try these recipes out
- I used two eggs in this recipe. I’m not sure how the texture will be without eggs.
- I used a light oil instead of butter.
- I used about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- I used 1 tea spoon of lemon essence – you can skip this if you don’t have it
- I used a pinch of turmeric to give that yellow hue.
- 2 cups/260 g all purpose flour
- 2 tea spoon baking powder
- 1 tea spoon baking soda
- 1 cup/200 g sugar
- 1 table spoon poppy seed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup light oil/115 g
- 2 room temp eggs
- 1 cup sour cream/buttermilk/yogurt 240g
- 1 tea spoon lemon essence/vanilla essence
- For Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Beat yogurt with eggs, sugar and oil for about 2 minutes
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon essence, poppy seeds and mix it well
- shift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt)
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in batches
- DO NOT OVERMIX at this point. Just fold in so that the batter is smooth and lump free
- Pour the batter into your muffin cups leaving some space for the muffins to rise.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the muffins are cooling down, make the lemon glaze by mixing the powdered sugar with lemon juice. Drizzle it on the muffins.
PIN for Later