These White Chocolate Brownies (Blondies) totally changed my point of view on white chocolate. Until now, I never really went for a bar of white chocolate. I liked my chocolates dark.., not just dark more than 65% dark 🙂 Give me a The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe or Dark Chocolate Brownies any day and I spend a substantial amount of money every month on to shelf chocolates and wine and of course wine (read my bio). But but now I’m a fan of these thick and fudgy white chocolate brownies. They’re buttery, chewy and sweet with a decadent strawberry drizzle. Probably, the fudgiest, richest, most delicious white chocolate brownies out there. When I was cutting these into careful and neat squares I ended up eating more than I should have and totally went overboard 😛 but then you live only once.
The most important part is these white chocolate brownies or blondies are a one bowl recipe. Isn’t that music to ears? 🙂
- 1/2 cup (115g; 1 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces (85g) pure white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups (100g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (56g) Strawberry flavored white chocolate,
- 1 table spoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×13 inch pan. line with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chopped white chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth.
- Add the sugar until completely combined, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk in the flour and salt.
- Batter will be thick. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Test the brownies with a toothpick at the 30 minute mark. Insert it into the center of the pan. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies are not done. If there are only a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Keep checking every 2 minutes until you have moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Make the Drizzle : In a bowl add the white chocolate and 1 tables spoons of butter. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds or till melted.
- Drizzle on the brownies.
- Cover and store leftover frosted brownies in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or if the brownies are not frosted, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- We’re using melted butter & melted white chocolate.
- Don’t use an electric mixer here. Electric mixers add air to the batter which creates a lighter, fluffier texture. Since we want dense, chewy brownies, we’re skipping the electric mixer.
- Don’t use baking powder or baking soda.
- Finally, be careful not to over bake your brownies.