This Date and Nut Loaf Bread is filled with the goodness and natural sweetness of medjool dates and the crunch of walnuts. And not at all overwhelming sweet.
And today, I’m bringing you a healthy, low sugar, egg free, butter free Date and Nuts Loaf Bread which can double as a tea cake as well as a breakfast cake.
This Date and Nuts Loaf Bread is incredibly moist and, made with olive oil, dates, and nuts, and Greek yogurt. it’s a healthier alternative to regular quick bread. You can use this recipe to make mini loaves or one large loaf.
What you think of those two recipes?
Coming back to the Date and Nut Loaf Bread, t’s a healthier alternative to regular quick bread. If you end up making this, will you share a pic on Instagram? Here is my handle – instagram.com/myyellowapron
- 1 lb/2 cups/350 grams dates chopped fine and pits removed
- 1 table spoons baking soda
- 2 cups/470gm boiling water
- ½ cup/112 gm light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups /400 gm sugar (brown or white)
- 1/2 cup/125 gm yogurt
- 3 cups/300 gm all purpose flour or maida
- 2 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup/150 gm nuts chopped (I used walnuts)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F
- Place chopped dates in a large bowl and sprinkle with baking soda.
- Pour boiling water over the dates and let sit until cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream oil and sugar and then add the yogurt.
- Mix until creamy.
- Sift the flour and then slowly add to the wet mixture until all is incorporated.
- Add vanilla, dates (with water) and chopped nuts and stir until blended.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.