This Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl is going to be your bookmarked Banana Bread recipe. Moist, topped with chocolate chips and swirled with some Nutella, this is my Best Banana Bread thus far. Egg Free and Butter Free too.
I never had good luck with baking a great Banana Bread. I used to have a great recipe years ago, given by a co-worker but I lost it. I kept trying various Banana Bread recipes of friends and bloggers and somehow was never satisfied. But this time, I struck luck. Sharing this no-fail Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl recipe with you all and hope you all will love it as you loved my Orange Loaf Cake (Butter Free, Egg Free)
The Nutella Swirl in this Banana Bread recipe is optional but I gave it my personal touch by adding some Nutella and some generous amount of chocolate chips. If you don’t have either, don’t worry. You can either some
Cinnamon – Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter, or combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the batter.
Peanut Butter – Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan, then top with dollops of peanut butter. Gently swirl the peanut butter into the batter with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon remaining batter into the pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake!
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (120 g) sugar or more if you want it sweeter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (227 g) mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup (185 g) plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 g) light olive oil or any other oil
- 1 TSP vinegar
- 2 table spoon Nutella
- 3/4 cup (128 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line and butter your pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Mix mashed banana, yogurt, oil, vinegar in a medium bowl;
- Add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined.
- Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan, then top with dollops of Nutella. Gently swirl Nutella into the batter with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon remaining batter into the pan and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the bread is golden and springs back to the touch
- Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully lift bread from pan and cool completely.
PIN for Later