I admit. I am getting a little tired of this Staying Home business. I miss going out and doing my thing. I have a Sunday ritual. Every Sunday, I go out and spend hours strolling with coffee. I buy fresh flowers and some fresh veggies and come home after a few hours totally rejuvenated. A few hours of me-time does wonders for my well being. I miss that. So, how I am keeping sane in these crazy days…? I bake, I binge watch Netflix and of course, I’m cooking so much nowadays.
This Orange Loaf Cake (Butter Free, Egg Free) I baked for the third time in a row. I kid you not. First two times for two friends and the third time was for me. Not that I need more cake in my life, but I love baking. The smell of a fresh-baked cake is amazing. Not only the aroma of this Orange Loaf Cake but also the spongy texture of this cake will make you bake this cake over and over again. It tastes great with tea/coffee or you can enjoy this cake as is light and guilt-free snack.
And when you have an egg-free and butter-free cake. what else you do need, yeah?
More ideas on butter-free, egg-free bakes?
I have been receiving really good feedback on this Orange Loaf Cake (Butter Free, Egg Free) cake, so I thought of writing a post on this. Hopefully, some of you will bake the cake and leave me feedback. 🙂
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil/vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Table Spoon Orange zest
- 1/2 Tea Spoon baking soda
- 1 Tea spoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Oil and prepare a loaf pan or a round pan and keep aside
- Mix oil, sugar, yogurt, orange juice really well
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, salt and zest to the wet mixture
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients well. DO NOT OVERMIX
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30/35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean while inserted. The top of the cake should be a beautiful brown color
- Let it cool and enjoy with tea/coffee
You don’t have an oven? No worries. You can totally bake this beautiful cake in a pressure cooker. Pressure Cooker Method –
- prepare the batter as above
- Take a pressure cooker and add a layer of sand/salt all over the base.
- close the lid of the cooker without keeping the gasket and whistle.
- heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place the cake pan carefully over the sand.
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Do not put on the whistle(very important).
- Cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Cook on low flame for 40/45 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Check whether the cake is done with the help of a toothpick.
PIN for Later