You don’t need a lot of preparation time to bake this wonderful, delicious Double Chocolate Loaf Cake (Eggless). Just mix up the batter in one bowl, bake and get ready for people to love this cake. This makes an excellent cake to make for guests or take it along to a potluck or family event.
I always have some cake around the house for snacking. I call my cakes no fuss, low-fat and no guilt cakes. Why? Because they are almost always baked with olive oil and no eggs. Not that eggs are bad for you or I have anything against them…, but for some reason, I don’t prefer eggs in my cakes. I also realized that, eggs are an overkill in cakes.
So, coming back to cakes…here are some more that you can enjoy daily with your tea and coffee
- 2 cups/250 gram all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP distilled vinegar
- 1 TBSP Instant coffee
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350-degree F.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan. You can use any other pan that you have.
- In a large bowl sift together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Add all the wet ingredients one by one.
- Use a wooden spatula to mix all the ingredients (you can also use an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are combined).
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Spread the batter evenly.
- Bake for about 30 min. Insert toothpick in the middle of the cake. Cake is ready if the toothpick comes out clean.
PIN for Later: