LOVE everything pistachio, cardamom and rose water. My most most most favorite combination of all. I combined these beautiful ingredients in this Pistachio Rosewater Bundt Cake. Two weeks ago, I made a Persian Love Cake for a friend’s anniversary and including her, everyone at the party devoured the cake to the very last piece..I mean crumbs. I know I will be writing up a post soon on that.
This Pistachio Rosewater Bundt Cake keeps well for up to a week and don’t confuse rose water with rose essence: the difference is huge. You want to use rose water here which makes the cake both distinct and delicious.
Rose water has a lot to offer, especially when paired with pistachios and/or cardamom. Ayurveda is also really big on rose water. As it states here, a warm cup of milk blended with rose petal jam is a nice soothing bedtime drink that will help you sleep! Goes to show it’s not only tasty but there are medicinal qualities as well. Rose petals help recondition the nervous system, helping to alleviate insomnia, fatigue, and depression.
In the mean time, why not enjoy this Pistachio Rosewater Bundt Cake which tastes very much like a Persian Love Cake…, may be more like a younger sibling. More Humble and more true to the taste. I made this Pistachio Rosewater Bundt Cake, because I was craving some tea cake and yes, lets not go to my cravings. I crave cake 7 days a weeks.
I made this cake egg free and butter free as well. Just because I love baking cakes with olive oil. And you ask whats wrong with eggs? Nothing really. But if I can get the same result without adding eggs, then why not, right? Don’t believe me…, try these other delicious bakes.
Cakes are awesome!! They can lift up your dreary days and make that heart sing. So, lets try this beautiful Pistachio Rose Water Cake, shall we?
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour or maida
- 1 cup yogurt. I used Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda,
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp dehydrated crushed rose petals
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F or 200 C.
- Whisk together yogurt, milk, cardamom powder, sugar, rose water till creamy
- Sprinkle baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix and leave aside for 2-3 mins. Once the mixture turns frothy mix in oil and gently fold in flour.
- Do not over mix
- Mix in the petals and pistachio
- Pour in a greased and dusted bundt pan. You can use other sized pans too.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or till the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
PIN for Later: