If you like Paloma, then consider this Spicy Grapefruit Margarita to be the spicier version of a Paloma. Ridiculously delicious. The freshly squeezed grapefruits make this cocktail unbelievably good. But yes, the star of this Spicy Grapefruit Margarita Cocktail is not the tequila.., it’s the Jalapenos.
What I did was that I used both the canned jalapenos and the fresh ones. I added the juice of the canned ones into the cocktail shaker and mixed it up with fresh jalapenos, silver tequila, fresh grapefruit juice, agave and some lemon juice.
How much tequila or how much spiciness you want to add to this Spicy Grapefruit Margarita Cocktail is totally up to you. I liked mine a little bit of a stronger kick, so, I didn’t hold myself off on adding the tequila nor the jalapenos.
If you can’t handle the heat from jalapenos, you can totally hold the jalapeno off but trust me when I say this.., a little bit of spiciness actually brings out the flavors of this sweet and spicy margarita.
Summer tastes better with fruity and not so sweet cocktails, no? For me, this summer has been awesome. Tried out a bunch summery and refreshing cocktails like, Watermelon Vodka Cocktail which is again a very uplifting cocktail.
Here is the recipe for Spicy Grapefruit Margarita Cocktail Recipe:
- 2-ounce fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 TSP agave nectar or 4 TSP simple syrup
- 2 to 3 thinly sliced jalapeño round
- 6 ounces grapefruit juice (about ½ large grapefruit, juiced)
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 TSP Jalapeno juice from the bottle (Optional)
- Salt and Chili mixture to rim the glasses
- Ice cubes
- Mix together the salt and chili on a small, rimmed plate. Run a lime wedge around the outer top edge of your glasses, then roll the edges in the chili-salt so it sticks.
- Fill the glasses halfway with ice cubes
- Vigorously mix all the Margarita Ingredients in a cocktail shaker for 2 to 3 minutes
- Pour the drink into the rimmed glasses and enjoy.
PIN For Later: