I made Ice Cream Pops for a fellow blogger as a guest post and she loved it. That post was very popular. I always wanted to do another Ice Cream Pops post for myyellowapron.com and the reasons being, this is such an easy to put together dessert and literally takes no time at all. All you got to do is, get your flavors, layer them up and then pop a popsicle stick in and voila!! Your treats are ready. They look amazing, no? Kids like colors and for kids these Ice Cream Pops are always a hit.
You bring these Ice Cream Pops to a kid’s birthday party or even for a sleep over and see their eyes lighting up. They get excited about the layers of flavors in one serving of ice cream.
And the best part about these Ice Cream Pops is they so pretty yet use only 3 ingredients. And preparation time? Zero. So, stop buying ice cream treats, you can make your own layered ice cream pops with all your favorite ice cream flavors.
In the spirit of India’s Independence Day, I choose those three colors that are o the flag – Green, White, and Orangish Yellow
For Green, I used Green tea ice cream. You can go for Mint or Pistachio as well
For White, I used Plain Vanilla Ice cream. You can go for Coconut.
For Orangish Yellow, I used Mango Ice Cream
- 1 container Mango ice cream
- 1 container Vanilla ice cream
- 1 container Green Tea ice cream
- Popsicle sticks
- Line a baking pan with waxed paper, extending over edges of the pan.
- Soften the green tea ice cream so that it will be easy to spread. Spoon all of the green tea ice cream in the bottom of the prepared pan and spread until flat with the back of a spoon. You may need to dip the spoon in hot water.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours
- Repeat the same process for the other two layers. Before putting in the freezer after the last layer, add the popsicle sticks. Freeze overnight.
- Remove ice cream from the pan and cut into squares with a knife that has been dipped in hot water.
Pin for Later: