The name says it all. Watermelon.Vodka.Cocktail
The flavor is perfectly summery and fresh with the freshness of watermelon and the right amount of vodka. But don’t restrain yourself from adding more vodka as per your taste. The rule is there are no rules when it comes to mixing cocktails.
When I was testing this Watermelon Vodka Cocktail, I tried two ways.
1. Straining the watermelon and using just the juice
2. Not straining it at all and blending it into a very thin puree with vodka and lemon juice and then pouring straight into the glasses.
The juiced version made it to the blog because I liked it just a tad better. But again, it’s entirely up to you how you want to go for it. If you have a really sweet seedless watermelon, then you can just use the blended version.
Choose whatever works best for you and your guests and in that moment.
You might want to try a few more delicious cocktails.., if you are into fresh citrus flavors infused into your beverages, you may like this Lime-Limencillo Martini
Or, if you like summer berries muddled into your cocktails then try, Strawberry Mojito
- 2 cups watermelon juice ( Blend the watermelon and then strain the puree through a fine sieve to discard the solid parts. You should get about 2 cups of juice)
- 1/2 cup vodka (I used gray goose)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Soda to top
- Mix the watermelon juice, lime juice and vodka with few cubes of ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the cocktail half way through the glasses.
- Top with soda water and serve.
NOTE: Since the watermelon was very very sweet, I didn’ t add any sugar. But you can always add sugar or agave or honey if you prefer your cocktails on the sweeter side.
PIN for Later: